Seniors are not just a group of people. They are our mothers and fathers, former teachers, pastors, and mentors. They’ve shaped our lives in so many ways. But today, many of our seniors are worried that the government will place the burden of our fiscal challenges on them.
It is true that, as a nation, we are in tough fiscal times; however, any solutions to restore this country to a path of fiscal prosperity cannot come at an unacceptable price to our seniors.
As questions remain regarding implementation of the healthcare law, and Congress continues to debate this year’s budget and ways to reduce the nation’s $16.7 trillion debt, what are the issues that are most important to you?
- Maintaining access to affordable, quality healthcare
- Ensuring better coordinated care
- Being able to continue seeing my regular doctor
- Increases in Medicare premiums
- Rising cost of prescription drugs
- Ensuring that money paid into Social Security will be there for me
- Increases in the eligibility age for Medicare and Social Security
- Changing the way my cost-of-living-adjustment (COLA) is calculated
- Protecting against identity theft
- Making sure I’m financially able to retire
- Ensuring that my family is not burdened by the estate tax
- Other (leave your comments below)
Take the Survey Online
Click here to take the survey online.
Sign up for Seniors Advisory Board
If you would like to become part of my Seniors Advisory Board, made up of senior citizens from across Virginia's Fourth District, sign up here.